Penley, St Magdalenes Church. The Church and Churchyard borders what is today Penley Industrial Estate but, between 1946 and 1999 it served as the Polish Hospital. All the enteries made were transcribed from a copy [more]
Wrexham Cemetery is located on Ruabon Road, Wrexham, and covers an area of 7.2 hectares. The layout of the cemetery was designed by Yeo Strachan, the then Borough Surveyor of Wrexham. Originally consisting of 10 [more]
Rhos Cemetery – currently photographing and indexing. Over 1100 names listed to date. Rhos Cemetery Plan – May 2017 Search here*. *Membership Required.
St. Johns Burial Ground, Brymbo. Stats: Completion 0 Names: 0 Pictures 200+ Photographing complete, Currently indexing.
St. Mary’s Church 1872 – Present To search records, here*. *Membership Required. Stats: Completion: 95% Names: 1660 Pictures: 1035 St. Mary’s church replaced an earlier church that stood a little distance away called St. [more]
Bryn Seion Burial Ground, Pentre Broughton Bryn Seion Chapel is located on Clayton Road, Pentre Broughton. Built as a Welsh Congregational Church, an inscribed stone over the entrance records (in Welsh) that the chapel was [more]
St. Johns Baptist Church, Bettisfield Built by Lord Hanmer in 1873 the church is now a grade ll* listed building. It was built entirely at his own expense and only the finest materials were used. [more]
St. Chad’s Church, Holt To search the records click here*. *Membership Required. The earliest documentary reference to the church is in 1379 but it is thought that it was established around the 1280s. Additions were [more]
The earliest known documentary evidence for a Hanmer connection with St Chad is in the charter of Leofric, Earl of Chester AD 1043, (Thorpe’s Diplomatarium Anglicanum p.352) in which he bestows upon his newly founded [more]